Hi, welcome to Alias! Thanks for your edit to the Image:501.jpg page.
- 1 Partner
- 2 Templates
- 3 Doctor/Names
- 4 New fans
- 5 Weird...
- 6 Be on guard...
- 7 On-Screen Kills?
- 8 hey
- 9 Guns
- 10 Minos Sakkoulas' death
- 11 Thank you
- 12 Skin
- 13 Weapons?
- 14 Re: Main page
- 15 ???
- 16 Re: Help
- 17 Thanks for your help in cleaning up my work!
- 18 And Now I Apologize
- 19 Another Question
- 20 Ad free
- 21 Surprised
- 22 Style Question
- 23 Admin Status
- 24 Wow
We're gonna work well together; I can tell. Glad to see another person joining this wiki for further edits. Ggjk 00:47, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- Nice to know the work is appreciated! Alias is a great show and when I found this Wiki, no disrespect to you, but it just didn't match the standard of the show. I'll go through the main character pages, laying them out as I see fit. If you have an idea of how to do it differently (than, for example, Arvin Sloane which I think should be fine in terms of headings) please feel free to tell me. Also the episode pages seem to have a lot of useless subheadings, is it OK if we get rid of some of those? (e.g. the review section, and the "Story arc" bit seems a bit unnecessary). I'm going to start rewatching the series over the summer and when I do I'll start making pages for smaller characters, buildings, organizations etc. --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 06:36, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, you can rid of those episode subheadings, although I think the memoreable quotes subheading should stay up there. There's some pretty funny stuff you hear in Alias. Ggjk 19:37, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- Sure, you can put that up there. Ggjk 19:54, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
Do you know how to change the template colors? I want to make Template:Season3 blue and Template:Season4 red. Ggjk 16:15, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- Sure I do. If you make the templates I'll sort out the colours. I guess you noticed I was going with the DVD-boxset colours for each season. Do you think that's OK? On an unrelated note, what's with the episode pages have the season and number at the start of them all? Do you think that's the best thing to do? --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 16:30, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- Let's just leave the episodes the way they are for now. And frankly, I don't mind what color the templates are; I just don't want seasons 2, 3, and 4 to all look the same. Ggjk 17:15, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- All right, the templates are done now. Ggjk 17:15, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
Do you think certain people like Dr. Brezzel, Dr. Vasson, and Dr. Zhang Lee have pages that start with their doctor title, or should it just be Brezzel, Vasson and Zhang Lee? Ggjk 20:11, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- I dont think that Dr. should be in their page title, but we could redirect to their articles with Dr. in them. And the pages could say, e.g. "Dr. Zhang Lee was...". --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email)
- Okay, I was just wondering since I may create some of those articles soon. Ggjk 20:18, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
I received the Rambaldi box set as a gift several years ago and just finished season 5 last night. I had long avoided searching for Alias anything online for fear of spoilers. Now much later, after the series has run its course, I'm so sad to see how little was waiting for me on the Internet! Just thought I'd drop a note and let the editors here know that new fans are still finding the show and this project is very much appreciated. Jessica 01:52, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Nice to hear from you! I feel the same way, I finished the series only a few weeks ago and was saddened to find so little on the net about such a great show, which is why I'm here to try and help Ggjk improve this Wiki to be the best source of Alias on the internet! Please stick around and help out. --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 16:40, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
And are you gonna start editing anytime soon? Ggjk 20:10, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- I don't know about Vaughn, that was ridiculous. And about Irina, if you remember it in fact wasn't her and was a double he shot. She tricked him into thinking he had killed her. I will start editing over the summer, I'm just much to busy too do it at the moment. --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 22:04, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
Be on guard...
Okay, so I went to a wiki I strongly contribute to and some spamming fuck-head (excuse my language) started screwing up the site and I don't know what to do and I have a feeling he or she might go to a bunch of unnoticeble wikis (like this one) and try to mess those up too so um...be on the lookout for that. Ggjk 05:01, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
- For one, they deleted the whole main page and replaced it with "Your website is fucked." and they replaced some other pages with the word "Raped" or "Your moms good in bed" and "Wut wut in the butt" from South Park.
- But the admin caught the guy and deleted his account for a month so the wiki's fixed now. XD
- Still, be on guard, cause some other retard might do the same thing here. Ggjk 14:23, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
- How do you revert it? Ggjk 19:24, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
Do you think there should be an On-Screen kills by Sydney Bristow like how Wiki 24 has an On-Screen kills by Jack Bauer? Ggjk 19:32, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah go for it. I say just called it "Kills by Sydney Bristow" though. --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 19:46, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
love the screen captures. this place is lookin good. no need to auto message me when I create a NEW USER SUBPAGE. thx. BlooperREAL 14:48, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
By any chance, do you know what kinds of guns are used in the show? I have a faint idea of a few, but it's kind of hard to tell. Ggjk 21:52, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
Minos Sakkoulas' death
- Yes I think it should, she did cause the death in my opinion. Sorry for the slow reply. --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 08:17, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for the help on the Kills by Sydney Bristow page, it looks a lot more organized now. I know I asked before, but do you know what type of guns Sydney uses? All I can identify so far are the MP5 and the AK-47. Ggjk 14:19, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
- No worries, glad to help out! I have no idea what gun Sydney uses, sorry! I'm really not an expert at that sort of thing at all. By the way, I was thinking of applying for some help with changing the colour scheme to better represent the style of the show. I was thinking the backgrounds should be grey like Wiki 24, and the headers should be red. I think red would be a good colour because the image of Sydney with the red hair is an iconic one of Alias (even though its only from the first episode) and I think it would make the Wiki stand out and look a bit different. I had in mind something along the lines of how Memory Alpha looks, but with red headers instead of yellow. What do you think? --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 14:42, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- I like the grey background idea, but what about blue for the headers? Not that there's any problem with red, but since Memory Alpha already has red, maybe we could make a reference to Sydney's hair in the last episode of Season 1. Either color works for me. Ggjk 15:49, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
Oh, I see what you mean. I was refering to the literal titles (i.e. what is yellow in MA). How about Blue for the bits that are red on MA, and red for the bits that are yellow? --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 23:18, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- Sure, that'll work. Ggjk 23:21, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- Wow, that looks great, thanks a lot! If the background could be a darker grey (almost black, in fact) that would be great. Also if the red be a bit more darker that would be great. Would it be possible to change the colour of the titles as well i.e. the bit that says "Main Page"? Also could the bits on the left hand side ("Alias", "explore the Wiki", "new pictures" etc.) be grey as well? Thanks a lot! --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 13:21, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- I'll do it - so you want the background (ensure which one) of the page or behind the page darker? The bit that says "Main Page", you mean the title of each page, the first heading? It can be changed - which color would you like to have? The boxes on the left hand side (sidebar) in the same color as the page? It can be made :) (red can also be darker, this is what I'll do now, I'm going to set it into the wiki's css now) Marc-Philipp (MtaÄ) Helper (Talk) 14:34, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- Can you change the color of the words in some of the templates as well? The letters aren't visible. Ggjk 19:40, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
Could you change the bits that are currently red to the colour "#680002"? I think them being that dark would look good. When I said background I meant the bit the text is actually written on. If you leave the VERY back bit as dark as it is now, and make the bit the text is on slightly less dark than that, that would be great. Also if you compare changes from 2 revisions the background of that section is still in white (see my image). Can you do anything about that? And also, I do mean the title of each page, yes. If that could be yellow a lighter red that would look quite good, I think! Besides this the whole thing looks GREAT! Thanks a lot! --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 21:53, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I can and I did. I can do something with the diff tables, if you like to (I've made them a little darker, the white ones). I hope it looks better now! If you like to, I can do some SEO stuff, but this gets further away from my regular work (so it'll take a little longer), but anyway I could do it. Just tell me if you have any problems or wishes. Regards, Marc-Philipp (MtaÄ) Helper (Talk) 00:50, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
It does look great, thanks a bunch! You'll have to tell me what you mean by SEO stuff. One other thing I've noticed... the categories section at the bottom is still very white, as is the contents sections, can they be made any darker? Also, is it possible to make the links a little lighter blue? Not very much, maybe just like "#66b8ff"? That way it is a bit easier to see on the grey background. Thanks! Also the links to a wanted page could do with being a bit lighter red. "#ba0014" if it is possible! Thanks a lot. You've been incredibly fast and very helpful with all of this, I can't thank you enough! --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 01:40, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- You're welcome :) I did the next changes as well. Well, SEO stuff, this would mean improving your Google ranking with some easy changes - for example you should create MediaWiki:Pagetitle, MediaWiki:Pagetitle-view-mainpage and MediaWiki:Description if you haven't done already. You may add the most important search tags in some sentences to the description - and to the pagetitles, you simply add some items, like
Alias Wiki - The wiki about Alias [and if further stuff, write it down]. Since they're shown on each page on your wiki, those words will appear to every search result in Google, so it's one of the most important things to change. I may let you do this, because you know Alias series better then I do :) Well, and if you wish, I might improve the mainpage - with something like the Muppet Wiki mainpage. It's a very Google-friendly mainpage and also for new users. I hope you like the idea and you create the linked MediaWiki pages. What do you think about the main page improvement? Regards, Marc-Philipp (MtaÄ) Helper (Talk) 02:00, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
I'll get working on those pages you suggested. I was thinking of doing some sort of renovation of the front page, but I had something in mind along the lines of LOST Wikia. I really like how that looks and think it would be cool for Alias (minus the "recent episode" and "next time" sections. If you feel up to the challenge you could help with that? Thank you so much! --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 03:55, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- Great! Well, if you prefer LOST Wikia main page, we can work this out for this wiki :) I'm trying to get the code here, into a testpage, so we can work on it. I'll try to work on it today, but first I'm gonna see when I fall asleep ^^ (I'm awake since 11:30 UTC+2 yesterday) Marc-Philipp (MtaÄ) Helper (Talk) 04:43, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
Like I said before, I really can't thank you enough for the speed and effort with which you have undertaken this task. That sounds like a really good plan. Sorry to be a pain, but I've noticed two more things. It doesn't seem like links within images (i.e. the captions) have changed to reflect the new colour for links. Is that just my cache being slow? Also, can you change the white lines around the images to black? Thanks! --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 12:04, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, so I changed the borders of the thumb images (I hope you meant them, otherwise make a picture and highlight it). Captions... well it could be cache related that they don't display correctly (just Template:Purge). Regards, Marc-Philipp (MtaÄ) Helper (Talk) 17:20, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- If you are confident that you can make enough articles for a category to be worthwhile then go for it! I really don't know that much about weapons and things so I couldn't contribute to it. But don't let that stop you if you know what you're doing! --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 18:06, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
Re: Main page
- So far I've done 3 suggestions:
- The sections with quote and what happened today - what about compressing them from daily to montly? Less maintenance is needed and it's better for new users since there is some text instead of red links.
- That's what I've done by now - I'd be glad to hear your opinion. Regards, Marc-Philipp (MtaÄ) Helper (Talk) 18:30, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
I made a few amendments so that top section includes all the categories of the Wiki. Thanks a lot for the great work, it looks really fantastic and is a big improvement! I think it might be a good idea to do quotes of the month, and then transfer over to each day after I have written the all, thanks for the tip. You're help has been invaluable! --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 19:10, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
- Ah, that's also an idea. just the section on bottom may stay in the left column, because on the right there will be more text - might checking after creating the new templates. That's my final suggestion, I hope you will have much fun with your new mainpage! Regards, Marc-Philipp (MtaÄ) Helper (Talk) 19:15, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
- Oh OK, lets change it. I'm not sure; I saw it as a "I kill you or you kill me" kind of situation. --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 23:05, September 4, 2009 (UTC)
- Uh, maybe we should leave him as unknown. I just watched the fight and it sounded like Sydney slit his throat and chest. Do you know what weapon she picked up at the fireplace? Ggjk 23:46, September 4, 2009 (UTC)
- Damn, you know what? He might be dead. Apparently, Sydney sliced him with a fireplace poker. Should we just leave it as unknown anyway? I didn't see any wounds or gashes and if "his wife" found him in time, he might've received medical attention. Ggjk 23:56, September 4, 2009 (UTC)
I doubt his wife would have been able to give him much medical attention, because the Russian government shut down the facility before too long. Personally I think it looked like a pretty lethal slice. --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 08:05, September 5, 2009 (UTC)
- In that case just leave it. I thought Sydney just rendered him unconscious, but by the sound of that slice, you're probably right. Ggjk 13:31, September 5, 2009 (UTC)
I made the changes you suggested to the skin, and you can see the revisions here. If you don't understand part of it, or you have further questions, feel free to drop me a message again. :)
Would you help, to make a picture of Greg Grunberg on his page. Thanks!--Station7 14:51, October 29, 2009 (UTC)
Please, could help me!--Station7 17:10, October 29, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for your help in cleaning up my work!
Hi there SignorSimon. Thanks a lot for cleaning up my dirty work, I guess I really wanted to hit the ground running so a lot of work I was doing might have been "out of whack". Thanks again! Ubcphysicsyangbo 16:55, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
And Now I Apologize
Yes, I've been gone from the site for about four or five months now. Sorry but I was busy doing some other...miscellaneous activities and got caught up with it. Plus I've been on FD Wiki doing most of my updates there. But, hopefully I'll be able to stay focused and contribute more with this wiki. Starting with the Kills By Sydney Bristow page.
Again, sorry for the long absence. Ggjk 20:10, January 29, 2010 (UTC)
- There's no need to apologize my man! I haven't been doing much recently, just cleaning up other people's minor edits that have occured every few weeks. I had a big bout of edits today because I'm working on writing detailed information about each character from each season (when I say each, I'm focusing on Sydney, Jack, Sloane, Marshall and Vaughn. Hopefully at some point I'll rewatch it all and do Will, Francie and Dixon, but I couldn't handle editing all the main characters in one go). As you can see I've only done the first three episodes but it will look great when theres that detailed information on everything. Plus it would be good to get working on some pages about multiple episode arcs like on Wiki 24, those are my favourite kind of pages. If we can get info on that it would be great.
- My other goals at the minute are working through all episode pages and redesigning them to fit with the new style, as well as doing the APO missions section, and similar sections on the CIA and SD-6 pages. If you're up for helping with any of this stuff it would be great, but if you keep working on the Kills pages that would be awesome as well. It's great to have you back, its good to know that I'm not the only person who'll be reading all the edits I make! I can't wait for this Wiki to reach the kind of level there is on stuff like Lostpedia and Wiki 24. The day we hit 1,000 articles will be a happy one!
- Anyway, sorry for the essay. Hope you're good! --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 23:10, January 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I'd have to go back and watch the episode, but currently I'm away from home with only my Season 1 DVD (tragic, I know!). If you have the DVD and have watched the scene a few times I trust your judgement. --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 00:00, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Funny you should mention that, I don't have any of the DVDs. I just find sites where I can watch the series online. But uh, I will check out the scene a few more times. Ggjk 00:33, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Ah, that'd explain the quality of the images you upload :) --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 00:42, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
Hi! Would you like this wiki to be ad-free? I'm looking for wikis to be part of a new program which would remove all ads from the wiki for $19.95/month.
I see you've returned to the Wiki, and have done a numerous amount of editing. As you can see I took a break from Alias (again), mostly because I've still been contributing to the Final Destination Wiki. Anyway, I have no idea when I'll return (I'm taking a break from excessive typing right now to rest my hands/wrists), but when I do I'll notify you. Also I think it'd just be better if you upload all the pictures from now on, since they seem to have better quality, and you seem to do that anyway. :P And you may want to delete the Thomas Connelly page and move the Connelly page to Thomas Connelly (I forgot where I found out his first name though). Ggjk 04:12, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I was watching the end of Season 4 and thought, what the hell, I'll make use of the fact that I'm watching it. Sometimes I really enjoy writing loads of info on stuff, and other times I just want to watch it. I think my edits will be sporadic but numerous when I do edit, if you see what I mean. Haha, I love the fact that you've made all these random character pages that don't actually link to anything, but when I come around to do them, they're already done! It's really good that you've done that. I think the Wiki is currently pretty heavily focused on Season 4 - I don't know why but it seems like you and me have just done loads of edits towards that season. However, seeing as I've just finished it I might do some Season 5 stuff soon. One thing that's really annoying me about the Wiki at the minute is the episode pages- I hate all those ones that haven't been structured properly so I might get on and do that at some point as well. --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 09:17, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I bet you had no idea why I made the David page till you saw Season 2. Season's 4 and 5 was when the show really started to become addicting, and the fact that Season 4 has the most amount of characters probably explains why a bulk of this wiki is based on it. I should probably work on the episode pages as well (and maybe re-watch the whole series) when I get the chance. Anyway, random question, but what's your favorite episode? For me, I'd go with Phase One. Ggjk 14:56, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I spoiled myself by looking the information up on Wikipedia (curiosity gets the best of me) but I still couldn't help but say "HOLY SHIT!" when I saw it. ...I see you're forgetting about 24. There were quite a few shocking moments in that series, especially with the first and last season. I was actually VERY surprised when Omar Hassan died, let alone Jamey Farrell's "suicide." And let's not forget Teri... Ggjk 19:24, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm certainly not forgetting 24, but nothing in that shocked me as much as Alias. I started on Season 4 of 24 and saw the first 3 randomly so I already knew what happened to Teri. While I didn't see the Nina twist in the Jamey story coming, Francie's death shocked me more. Omar Hassan's death did shock me but not as much as Francie. --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 20:32, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
Have been doing the odd minor edit here and there across the wiki and am eager to get on with work on the pages which are currently missing, i.e. those listed as Special:WantedPages but have a style question before I begin.
I've noticed that across the wiki there seems to be a mix of pages that are in an in-universe stylesuch as in the case of Arvin Sloane and those which are written from a more objective standpoint as seen on the page for Renée Rienne I just wanted to know which style was correct before I began creating new pages or making larger edits. Personally, I would opt for the in-universe style on all pages that are not explicitly related to porduction details so, for example, the pages which exist for individual episodes.
Hope that makes some sense and I haven't rambled on too much. Truebq 08:34, April 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Yep, as you suspected the Renee Rienne page is incorrectly written. If you want to get editing you should do things like the Arvin Sloane page. --SignorSimon (talk/contribs/email) 09:51, April 25, 2011 (UTC)
Okay, so it appears that Netflix finally added this entire series, so I can watch all the episodes anytime I want. Which also means that I can get back to working on this Wiki (and hopefully not getting sidetracked for so long again). Would it be possible for you to make me an admin? At the very least I could delete some of the recent pages that have been created that have nothing to do with Alias. Plus I could ban any trolls should they pop up, and protect certain pages. Ggjk (talk) 00:46, October 25, 2012 (UTC)