Eric Weiss was an experienced agent working for the CIA. He was close friends with Michael Vaughn whilst they both worked at the CIA office in Los Angeles and often chided him about his clear feelings for Sydney Bristow when he was her CIA handler. He continued to work for the CIA after the takedown of SD-6 alongside new recruits including Sydney, Marshall Flinkman and Marcus Dixon.
He was not initially recruited to work at APO as other CIA agents were, but after seeing Vaughn and Syndey (after they supposedly "quit" the CIA; part of their cover to join the black-ops division that was APO) he joined their organization. He began a romantic relationship with Nadia Santos, Sydney's half-sister. Weiss received a promotion with the NSC as the Covert Operations Coordinator, and so left APO.
- ID-CLASS: USS-CI-2300784
- CIA Call Sign: Retriever
- Present Location: Los Angeles
- Date Of Birth: 04/17/68
- Place Of Birth: Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 200
- Languages: English, Spanish, Dutch
- Education: BS. Economics
- Experience: Recruit, 11-1997
- Girlfriend: Nadia Santos (deceased)
- Mother's Maiden Name: Blumberg
Work for the CIA
Weiss is introduced as Michael Vaughn's confidant is Season 1 and Season 2. He initially served as a humorous foil and sounding board for Michael Vaughn in the first season, but with the integration of the former members of SD-6 and the CIA, he gives advice to many of the other characters, including Sydney and Marshall Flinkman. Overall, Weiss became the humor and light-hearted character to all the turmoil that was presented to others.
Although there was the potential of a relationship beginning with Sydney Bristow during the third season, nothing developed. They were just good friends, Weiss gave Sydney a third edition Alice in Wonderland to try and make up for the loss of all her stuff in her apartment fire at the end of the second season.
At the start of the fourth season, Weiss began a relationship with Sydney's half-sister, Nadia Santos. In the second episode of season 4, upon meeting Nadia for the first time, he says that he is 38 and single.
Work for APO
In the second episode of the fifth season: "...1..." Eric Weiss was offered a job coordinating covert operations for the NSC, which was only a "few steps from the President"; at the end of the episode Weiss accepted the promotion and left the series. The character returned one final time in "S.O.S" when he used his high ranking position to extract a team of APO agents who had infiltrated CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia.
Work for the NSC
- Weiss is a descendant of Harry Houdini (whose real name was Ehrich Weiss). He mentions this to Will Tippin, who recognized the name, and to Nadia Santos as he's performing some sleight of hand to impress her.
- Although Weiss is a recurring character in the first season of Alias, Greg Grunberg's name, for unexplained reasons, does not appear at all in the credits of each episode he appeared in during that season. See character appearances to view his episodes.