All The Time In The World is the 17th episode of Season 5 of Alias, the 105th episode overall and the final episode of the series. Kelly Peyton tells Sloane that she has made a deal for the Rambaldi Sphere with an ally in China. Sloane arranges for stolen missles to be sent to Hong Kong. Sloane's plan is revealed to the APO members, who race to stop him before he can use the Rambaldi Sphere to put the plan in motion. But this all leads to a long awaited confrontation between Sydney and Irina (her mother).
Plot Overview[edit | edit source]
Peyton tells Sloane that she was able to make a deal for the Rambaldi Sphere with their ally in Hong Kong. When Sark asks if they really want global genocide, Sloane orders two stolen nuclear missiles to be shipped to Hong Kong.
Later, Sydney assumes Sloane's involvement when she hears about the stolen missiles. She concludes that Sloane bought the missiles using the assets of the murdered Prophet Five members. Marshall then hacks into the Russian bank network. Using phone records and satellite telemetry, they locate Peyton.
Vaughn, Dixon and Sydney interrogate Peyton, who reveals that Sloane is targeting two cities with high civilian concentrations. Jack remarks that Sloane is not interested in devastation - he wants to profit from the reconstruction. Sydney also finds out that Sloane is in Mongolia.
While Rachel and Marshall try to hack into optical satellites to locate the missiles, they realize that Sloane has uploaded information from a contact in Hong Kong.
Sloane and Sark enter a Mongolian cave. Leaving Sark behind, Sloane descends to Rambaldi's burial chamber. He places the Sphere atop Rambaldi's tomb. Above it appears the red hovering ball.
Vaughn, Sydney and Jack infiltrate the camp above Rambaldi's tomb. Sydney sneaks into the underground chamber and holds Sloane at gunpoint while Vaughn and Jack fend off Sark and his men. Sydney grabs the Sphere and the liquid from the hovering ball splatters. As she's about to destroy the Sphere, Sark arrives holding Vaughn and Jack at hostage. It's a standoff.
Sloane moves first, shooting Jack. Sydney drops the sphere to go over to Jack while Vaughn dispatches their captors. Sydney shoots Sloane. He tumbles into the red liquid on the tomb, dead. Sark makes off with the Sphere.
Sydney flashes back to the moment she told Jack that she started working for Credit Dauphine. Displeased, Jack tells her to quit immediately. Confused, Sydney argues that she'll do what she wants.
Up top, Sydney and Vaughn revive Jack, who's badly wounded. Vaughn tells Dixon that Sloane has died and that Sark must be headed to Hong Kong. The contact, Vaughn says, is Irina Derevko.
When Marshall reports that he can't stop the missiles, Jack tells Sydney that only she can stop her mother. He adds that he never wanted this life for Sydney, but she was too strong to let anyone stop her. Sydney tells her father that she loves him and reluctantly leaves.
In Hong Kong, Sark tells Irina that the missiles are ready. She tells him to target London and Washington D.C. Sydney arrives. Irina tells her that power is the only currency - and through Rambaldi, she can have it forever. Sydney and Irina fight a ferocious battle. Meanwhile, Vaughn shoots Sark, who agrees to stop the launch in return for his freedom.
In Mongolia, Sloane rises, his mortal wounds healed. Jack, strapped with explosives, confronts him and swears Sloane will never hurt Sydney again. Sloane scoffs at him, saying he's now immortal. Jack knows Sloane can't die, but he can make sure Sloane never makes it out of the cave. He triggers the explosives.
After a pitched battle, Sydney kicks Irina onto a glass skylight just out of reach of the Sphere. Although Sydney urges her mother to crawl back, Irina stretches for the Sphere. Tiny cracks spread through the glass. Irina falls through to her death.
In the cave, Sloane is buried in the rubble. Nadia's ghost appears to tell him this is where he'll spend the rest of eternity. When he says at least she'll be with him, she fades away. He screams, alone in the darkness.
Years later, a 7-yr old Isabelle plays in front of her beach home as Vaughn and Sydney greet Dixon. He asks Sydney to help capture Sark. Vaughn suggests they all go for a walk. Meanwhile, Isabelle finds the Project Christmas building blocks and effortlessly connects them. Sydney calls her and she runs out to walk with them on the beach.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main Cast[edit | edit source]
- Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow
- Ron Rifkin as Arvin Sloane
- Carl Lumbly as Marcus Dixon
- Kevin Weisman as Marshall Flinkman
- Rachel Nichols as Rachel Gibson
- Amy Acker as Kelly Peyton
- Balthazar Getty as Thomas Grace Credit Only
- Victor Garber as Jack Bristow
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
- Lena Olin as Irina Derevko
- Michael Vartan as Michael Vaughn
- Mía Maestro as Nadia Santos
- David Anders as Julian Sark
- Merrin Dungey as Francie Calfo
- Julia Di Angelo as Isabelle
- Rachel Fox as Young Sydney
- Thomas Lumberg Jr. as Man
- Navid Negahban as Foreman
- Nicole Sessions as Teacher
- Liam Sullivan as Technician
- Daston Kalili as Crew Member (uncredited)
- Michele Morrow as College Student (uncredited)
- Unknown actor as Jack Vaughn
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Goof: When Sydney is moving Jack's hand to apply pressure on his wound, her hands are covered in blood. In the two times we see her hands are clean, then bloody again. Also, as she cries, different shots show the snot dripping out of her nose switching nostrils.
- Goof: When Vaughn confronts Sark in the control room and fires at Sark’s knee, the gun’s sound is of a silenced gun, yet Vaughn’s gun has no silencer.
- Number 47: The transaction number of the purchase of the missiles by Sloane is: 8447.
- Number 47: The missiles' override code is: 3-9-8-alpha-4-tango-6-4-7.
- After APO was destroyed in the previous episode, the gang are now working from the old garage that was once Sydney and Vaughn's main meet-up spot.
- When Dixon shows Sydney and Vaughn the photo of Sark during the final scene, the page behind Sark's photo has the scene's script on it.
- Although credited, Balthazar Getty (Thomas Grace) does not appear in this episode
- At the close of the series Jennifer Garner and Victor Garber are the only actors to appear in every episode.
- Originally this season was going to run for 22 episodes like the other four seasons, but due to lower ratings and Jennifer Garner's pregnancy, the number of episodes was cut to 17.
- This episode was nominated for the 2007 VES Award for "Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Broadcast Program" and was nominated for the 2006 Emmy Award for "Outstanding Stunt Coordination".
- Jennifer Garner, Ron Rifkin, Carl Lumbly, Kevin Weisman, Rachel Nichols and Victor Garber are the only ones who were in all episodes in this season.
- The music at the end was the Sydney and Vaughn's theme.
- Julian Sark is the only bad guy at the end of the series that needs to be captured or stopped.
- Isabelle had the same puzzle like Sydney; her ability to solve it indicates she has the potential to become an agent like her parents.
Aliases Used[edit | edit source]
Gadgets[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
- "Runaway Train" by Soul Asylum
Allusions and References[edit | edit source]
- In the final scene of the series, Dixon says: "Truth be told, I could use some field-assistance." Truth be Told was the name of the very first episode of Alias.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Julian Sark: Does it have to be so filthy? If Rambaldi could prophecy the future, he might have advised me not to wear $500 shoes.
- Julian Sark: Correct me if I’m wrong, Mr. Vaughn, but aren’t you supposed to be dead? I suppose we’ll have to rectify that.
- Jack Bristow: You beat death Arvin. But you couldn't beat me.
- Dixon: We've already prepared the mission specs. Low risk insertion, simple areas. Who knows, it could be fun.
- Sydney: That's what you say every time you show up on my doorstep. Then next thing you know, I'm jumping over canals in three-inch heels while Napalm explodes around me.
- Dixon: Yes. That's how I define "fun".
|< Season 4||Alias Season 5|
|#01||Prophet 5||#06||Solo||#11||Maternal Instinct||#16||Reprisal|
|#02||...1...||#07||Fait Accompli||#12||There's Only One Sydney Bristow||#17||All The Time In The World|
|#03||The Shed||#08||Bob||#13||30 Seconds|
|#04||Mockingbird||#09||The Horizon||#14||I See Dead People|
|#05||Out Of The Box||#10||S.O.S.||#15||No Hard Feelings|